Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A WEEKEND IN SECHELT

This past weekend I took Isabelle to Sechelt with me to visit my mom and dad.   We went over on Saturday and as usual Isabelle is a great travelling partner.   She wandered around the ferry with me and then rode quietly in the truck when we were on the road.   My mom and dad both really like her...but what's not to like.  She is easy going, cute, affectionate and even funny if you get to know her well enough.  She is always making me smile. 

The trip down to the beach from my parents is quite steep so we drove.  Isabelle probably would have been fine in cooler weather but combine a steep uphill walk with the heat of the afternoon sun and I didn't want to take any chances when its just as easy to drive down there and get our exercise on a flat surface.  Of course she went straight into the water and dunked herself and then proceeded to hang out while we sat on the beach digging through the rocks in search of the 'good ones'.  


"I love the water"

"Oh...is that person carrying a sandwich?"

We had a great weekend and she fit in with my parent's dog Ralph pretty well, although he didn't know quite what to make of her because she's pretty low key and he's used to someone wanting to play.   On the ferry ride on the way home some kids came by to pet her and she is really awesome about standing still and soaking in the attention.   We also met a very cute and chatty little girl (maybe 6 or 7 years old) who spent a great deal of time telling me about her puppy (a Havanese) and her cat named Mango.  Apparently Mango is not too impressed with the new addition to their family.   She told me some pretty funny stories about how it was all going so far and then she told me that in her opinion I should keep Isabelle.   She was very entertaining and helped pass the last bit of the ferry ride, all the while petting Isabelle.  She's a smart girl to see what a catch Isabelle is and to suggest I should be keeping her. But just like so many of the other great dogs that have come from TG to be fostered in my home, I have to let go so I can continue to foster.  One day a dog will come along and get stuck at my place permanently.   In the meantime, Isabelle is meeting with an applicant tomorrow night.   More about that later though....

2 comments:

Jean B said...

Isabelle is looking great, Lisa! Did the thyroid results come back yet?
Here's hoping Isabelle will soon find her forever home - her adopters will be the luckiest people on earth. What a great dog.

turtlegardens said...

I totally agree, Isabelle is a wonderful catch for any lucky person! Yvette