Friday, September 9, 2011

ISABELLE IN THE CITY


Most of our walks have been down at the beach.  It's so hard to imagine going somewhere else when it's so pretty down there and Isabelle loves getting into the water so much.  She smiles more when we walk there.   I wanted to give her a new experience so we went for a city walk.  She is not phased by anything.  Traffic noises, people passing by, riding bikes, opening doors, and the skytrain running overhead.  She is good with it all.   She walks well on the leash and her endurance is getting better too.   We stopped part way through our walk and she prompted me to get going again soon after.  

Still no word back from the vets office with Isabelle's test results.   Either they had a very busy day today or the results for the thyroid test didn't come back from the lab.  When we were at the vets the other day a lady came over to see what I was using to get Isabelle in and out of the truck.  She has a pitbull who she has a hard time loading in and out.  I showed her the $5.00 bin I had bought from the RAPS Thrift Store.  It works like a charm.  It took Isabelle about 5 minutes or so to come out of the truck the first time I asked her to use it and even then she tried to step around it.   This helps her get in and out without the need for a boost.  She actually will jump in and out without any help but it seems pretty hard on her joints as long as she still has this extra weight on her.  Once she loses some weight...look out.  There will be no stopping her.  Check out the video to see how her step-bucket works, and notice that she waits until invited out.  I had to teach her that because once she got comfortable with getting in and out she had started a bad habit of trying to charge out the door.


When Isabelle first came into foster with me she would lay near the water dish at the end of the night.  She didn't know me well enough to feel the need to lay at my feet.  It only took a couple of days for her to start moving around the apartment to follow me and lay nearby.   She now comes and lays right next to the couch and stares me down to be petted.  I love her soft face, ears pressed back.  She's so cute, I can't resist as she twitches her eyebrows waiting to see if I'll pet her.   

1 comment:

Jean B said...

Isabelle is such a bomb-proof girl; I sure hope she finds her forever home soon, but meanwhile I'm glad she's enjoying life with you.