Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A GREAT MATCH FOR ISABELLE

I can't imagine a better match if I had written it up from scratch.   An application came in for Grizz.  The daughter was applying for her dad who I assume doesn't spend time on the computer.  He had lost his beloved dog about a month ago and was looking for a new companion.   He has had two Bernese Mountain Dogs, one after the other and both were beautiful dogs (I was shown both of their pictures with great pride).   Some pretty tall paws to fill!   Grizz did not seem like the best match but Isabelle really seemed to fit the bill, including the same coloring as a Bernese.   Well, once her profile was viewed the ball got rolling.   When Al met Isabelle I could see the instant connection. Isabelle followed him around the yard.  She kept looking for me but I could see she really liked him already.   She will have a bed in every room so she can be by his side.  She will have 24/7 company and a large yard to explore.   I am really thrilled for Al to have a new companion and for Isabelle to find a warm, welcoming, soft place to land.   The whole family is on board so Isabelle will have lots of love from daughters and grandkids.

Here's the other part that I also love so much.  I heard back from Dr. Ubi regarding her geriatric panel and he says all in all she is very healthy although her liver enzymes are down and she is on the low side of normal for her thyroid.   She will be tested for Cushing's to rule that out but whether she needs medication and testing, or not at all, this family is going to stand behind Isabelle and ensure she gets everything she needs to give her as happy and healthy a life as possible.   There really are some amazing people in this world that will take a dog into their home and give them such a great life!   Thank you Al for falling for Isabelle, I know she is in great hands.   Be good Isabelle...it was very hard to drive away and look at your sweet face one last time.



A double wink to say goodbye
 

6 comments:

Jean B said...

I'm so happy for Isabelle - sounds like a great match, and Isabelle will love having a fulltime companion for the rest of her life. I sure hope Al will have his daughter send in an update from time to time!
Sounds like good news on the bloodwork - a little milk thistle for liver support and continued progress on the weight loss and those numbers just might correct themselves. Isabelle, keep yer paws out of the cookie jar!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful - though bitter-sweet to see her move on. I've enjoyed following her progress, and applaud all you do for the TG dogs, Lisa - they are blessed to have lived with you (and vice versa, I'm sure!)
Brigid

Anonymous said...

Great Job Lisa,

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Lisa! I am so happy she found her perfect home. You did such an amazing job with her.

Jody said...

Hi I am Jody, Al's daughter. I stumbled upon Lisa's blog and have enjoyed reading about our beloved Isabelle. I am very happy to report that she is doing very well and as I write this she is lying at my feet sound asleep. She has lost 12 pounds, and has the energy of a dog half her age Sadly my Dad passed away in June but he was so thankful to have found Isabelle and was amazed that she became attached to him so quickly. They were always together. He enjoyed taking her for walks beside his scooter all over town. They were quite the sight!! We brought her to hospital to say good bye and she sat proudly at his funeral. We all love her so very much. She is an important part of our family and has given us far more than we could every give her. Thank you Turtle Garden and thank you Lisa

Lisa B said...

Hi Jody, your sister had emailed me, as well as Turtle Gardens to let me know about your dad and to say how Isabelle (Foxy) was doing. I was so sad to hear the news, but I'm happy to hear how Isabelle is doing...very bitter sweet. Whenever I get to Tsawwassen I always have my eyes peeled...hoping to get a glimpe of her slimmer figure. Thanks for continuing to love her!