Sunday, September 18, 2011

HOW DO THEY KNOW

I'm sometimes left wondering how the foster dogs seem know when its most convenient for them to be adopted.   Whether it's a holiday I'm going on where I can't take a dog, or the TG Gala where a dog would have to be in the back of the truck for hours on end, the adoptions always seem to happen just in time so I don't have to make arrangements for someone to dog-sit.   It was the same with Isabelle.  She can get in and out of the cab of my truck but it would have been really hard to get her in and out of the box where she would have had more space to stretch out but she also howls a little when you leave her.  I had about three different people lined up for Saturday night to keep her company, while I went to Rock for Rescue, but of course the timing of her adoption was impeccable.

I was just sent a picture from Cindy (Al's daughter) who took a picture of Al and Isabelle out in front of a cafe in Delta.  They look quite comfortable with each other already and that just reaffirms my delight at this match.

Refreshments for three!
I miss Isabelle but also look forward to my next foster dog who may come next weekend.  Saturday night was alot of fun and I really enjoyed hanging out with Louise, who travelled from the Island, and Denise and Michelle who are new to the TG volunteer network.   Denise is a triple threat in rescue as she can help with fundraising, dog food and supplies, and she also brings some foster homes with her.   Michelle is a new foster home thanks to Denise and she is currently fostering Kasha - http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20607997

To read more about Rock for Rescue on the Turtle Gardens blog click here.


Louise, Denise, me, Michelle - in front of the Princeton Pub


2 comments:

Del said...

Al & Isabelle look like they've been partners forever! Another well made match, Lisa. I swear your heart must grow three times as big with each rehomed foster.
Have a wonderful Life Isabelle!

Dom said...

I swear the horses had the same sixth sense about when was a good time to get adopted.