Thursday, September 8, 2011

AND THE FUNNY SIGHTINGS CONTINUE

First off I just want to say that Isabelle's geriatric panel was incomplete on the thyroid test so we had to go back and give another sample of blood to complete it.   So test results will be in tomorrow.

After going to the vet I took Isabelle down to the dog beach in Richmond which is on Sea Island, near the Airport.   While I was down there I was talking to Cynthia who had fostered for TG quite some time ago and this guy came up to us and was asking if people swim in the river.   I told him there are signs at the beach saying not to swim but that I've waded in there a bit and sometimes you see kids swim in there.  So he tells us he is Jaeger Mah who is the winner of the live at yvr for 80 days contest and he's going in swimming.  So he hands me his phone/camera and asks me to film him.  He strips down to his underwear and jumps on in.  He is a very entertaining guy with a big personality so it's no wonder he won the contest.   He has been in the airport already since mid August and he can go out and about as long as he stays on Sea Island.  He is trying to get a barbeque arranged for the little community of Burkeville while he is still at the Airport.  I have no doubt he can make it happen too. 

Click here to see the video


Jaeger Mah after his swim in the river.
When we got home I was happy to see something in my mailbox other than bills.   King and the Royals have sent me a bandana and flag for Wren and now I'm sad that he was adopted before he got to sport his fancy bandana with his name on it.  Look at all the hard work that went into even the packaging:



Thanks Del, King and the Royals for sending this and we're sorry that we adopted Wren out so quickly that he never got to feel the love from the TG bandana factory.  At the very least you made me laugh and smile!


Isabelle proudly wears Wren's new gear in his absence.
(Dogs who are tired from the beach are way more willing to model bandanas)


2 comments:

cynda said...

Del thinks of everything, how cute! a minature bandana for Wren and I love the way you've wrapped it around Isabelle's leg.

The video of Jaeger was most entertaining!

Royal K9 Korner said...

Well dog gone it! erm I mean.... Wren gone it all anyway! the PO was just to slow getting to you. Oh well Im happy to see Isabelle proudly wears it lol Perhaps we should post the bandana to Wrens new parents. They can tie it to his cage?? Can we cover Wrens name over on the flag and use it to promote other small animals?? So happy Wren has a furever family.
Doggy Hugs "The Royals"