Saturday, August 31, 2013

THANK DAWG!

I thought you loved me!

Something unpleasant happened yesterday but I have now found two reasons to be thankful for it.  I took Buffy and Sunshine to the school field for their second walk of the day and for Buffy to have a good sprint because our first walk was on leash.   So we got to the middle of the field and I started to run circles to get Buffy going (we run circles so Sunshine doesn't have to try to keep up) and all of a sudden Buffy does a wide loop pretty far away so I ran the other direction so she'd have more distance to run back to me but what I didn't realize was that either someone had dumped fish oil or fertilizer on the field in one bit spot or there had been a bunch of fish guts that someone had picked up but leaving the stench behind, and I looked back to see Buffy rolling to her hearts content.  I ran back to her but it was too late...her whole back, leash and collar were all covered in the stink!   Why was this a blessing?  Well, I was less than impressed with her and her new smell and she was certainly less than happy with the bath she got so as of today we're just a little less in love with each other which makes parting ways a tad easier (actually that's not true...she was extra playful with me this morning and extra cute darn it!).  The second thing I'm grateful for is that I found that spot before flight day today.  If I'd taken her to the field today for a run before her flight she would have had to fly to her new home like a stink ball. 


'Please don't make me have a bath too'
Buffy 15 lbs + Sunshine 6 lbs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my all cutness'!! fish stinks is some stinky!! In oct _ nov months we have the river full of salmon so we can't use it or Reese would live in her tub ' lol lemon juice is good to take the smell out I mix it with baking soda ' Congrats on her new home!!ox Pollyb