Wednesday, August 28, 2013

SMALL AND SMALLER

Buffy seemed so little to me until Sunshine came along.  Sunshine is half her size.  The two dogs get along but haven't been overly interactive with each other.  They both still need a little more confidence and also seem to be more people than dog motivated.  There was a moment last night when they both play bowed but that's where it ended.  With a little more time they will probably play.  Buffy in her first two weeks has shown zero interest in toys but this week is starting to bat the ball around and has chewed on a rope toy a bit. 


With Sunshine just having her spay we haven't been going for too big of a walk.  To keep Buffy happy we walked to the school field and put her on the 80' line so she could get some energy out of her system.  She will go for as long or as short of a walk that you want and if given the chance will rip off some energy, which doesn't take very much.  A few laps running around me and she's happy.


I had to pick up Sunshine while Buffy was running circles around us so she wouldn't get wrapped up in the line. 

Buffy would like a home where she can be with her people/person most of the day, go on some adventures and she loves car rides and snuggles on the couch. 


Sunshine needs to continue building her confidence, but so far has been pretty good about meeting people and other dogs.  With meeting dogs she might need to be picked up from time to time if the dog rushes up to her.  Once the dog is relaxed she is happy to meet them and seems pretty confident with big or small dogs if they are gentle.  She is probably the first dog I've had that's made me want to 'baby' her.  I finally get why people are the way they are with the little Chihuahuas.  She walks really well on leash and is great off leash too.  


I don't usually have treats on hand for dogs.  When I foster I like to keep their food pretty consistent to start with so after a week I start to try them with things like carrots, cereal, etc.   Sunshine LOVES food!  She gets very excited when I bring my own dinner out of the kitchen and for the first few times she pestered me to no end, just about turning inside out to get some people food.  She has since figured out she won't get anything off of my plate so she has relaxed about it more.   I love watching dogs eat corn puffs though ...so I thought I'd share the view.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WoW those are great pics Lisa!!! I am usually not a little dog kinda guy but Buffie gets an A+ for cuddles and sunshine well OMG she just melted my heart when I see her for the first time, cuddled under the blanket on your lap.... I am so glad to see all the socializing going on your a great foster home we are so lucky to have you all 40 or so times 0;) Thanks Lisa your amazing