Wednesday, September 11, 2013

SUNSHINE THE LITTLE GARDEN GNOME

I did some gardening yesterday and Sunshine came out to 'help' me.  She quickly found a nice warm spot to snooze in the dirt between plants.  She was so sound asleep I was able to go inside, get the camera and snap a pic before she moved.

 
Gardening is tiring work

"I wasn't sleeping....just closed my eyes for a sec"



I'm on vacation right now and Sunshine came with me last week to my favorite cabin by the lake.  I went with my cousin and his wife and their dog Walker.



Walker getting ready to go fising in the lake.
 On my first trip down to the lake I put Sunshine on a 20' leash and she absolutely floored me by following me straight into the water and right into a swim, without any hesitation at all.  What a brave little thing she can be.   Of course the next day when I actually brought my camera with me the water was a little colder and she would only wade in without swimming. 



Sunshine was a great companion on the trip.  She slepts in the truck for most of the 4 hour ride and at the cabin she hung around on her bed, enjoyed some good walks (on and off leash) and is a good cuddler watching a video at night.  She is starting to get more comfortable with me and although she can still be shy in some circumstances, especially with meeting new people, I'm seeing less and less of that.    




We got back from the lake just in time to go to the Pedigree Adoption Drive in North Vancouver on Saturday.  Sunshine was nervous with so many people around so I only allowed people to crouch and hold a hand out to her.  She will sniff most extended hands and give a couple of licks in greeting.  With some people she must sense an easy energy about them and she will go right up for a pet without worrying.  Her confidence is building day by day and I think we might even be able to turn her into more of a social butterfly.

Sunshine looks a little worried because I stepped away leaving her with someone new

Supervising the donation jar...

2 comments:

Jean said...

LOL - A garden gnome who gets to travel, shows up in unusual places, posts photos...... now where have I seen that before?
I do think that she needs a pointy little hat, bright little jacket and rounded shoes to complete the transition to garden gnome though.

Anonymous said...

This little lady is just too adorable.
G