Thursday, May 10, 2012

VIDEO AND A PIC FOR DARRYN'S NEW MOM

So, about 1/2 hour into Darryn's flight he was adopted.  His new mom lives in Kamloops, and he will go back with the TG bus on Saturday and meet up with her.  I promised her I would post a video so she could see him in action....




Darryn has a bit of a goofy personality.  He is smart, cute and very entertaining.   The video I caught of him unfortunately wasn't one of the most entertaining moments, but you know the way it goes once you pull the camera out.  He makes me laugh with little things that he does.  For instance when I went to move the bath mat out of the way of the door, instead of hopping away once the mat sarted to move...he positioned himself better to ride it out.  When we go to the door for a walk he automatically just sits to wait to be leashed up but last night he bowed at my shoes and put his paws on the pair that I only wear for our last walk of the night.  He's been paying attention apparently to my footwear choices.  In the morning he jumps onto the end of the bed and does his belly crawl up to my pillow and then bats me in the face with his little paws.  It's only been 5 days but he's sure entertained me.  He rides well in the car, has behaved really well and hasn't chewed anything inappropriate, although he did try to run off with a sock. He has discovered drinking water out of the toilet, he barks only occassionally at the odd thing but is easily stopped.  He is affectionate, with a nice amount of an independent streak.   He loves other dogs, he loves people and he loves daycare.   He plays and he gets all the attention he can from the staff and he comes home, eats and then crashes for a solid hour.   It has been great to have him around, even for a short period and I look forward to seeing how he does in his new home - complete with a four legged companion too!

3 comments:

Piper said...

He is one cute dog! What a lucky family!

Emily said...

Didn't think he'd take long ;) For some reason, he reminds me of Graelee a bit from the video. Well, Graelee in a quiet moment anyway :P.

New foster for you on Saturday? Or a break?

Chris said...

Thanks Lisa! Just the fix I needed lol!

He looks so completely pooped in that pic, I will do my best to make that happen a LOT!