Sunday, May 6, 2012

DARRYN ARRIVES

I picked up Darryn from the Airport today and it seemed like he took the flight in stride.  He was happy to come out of the crate.  He wasn't scared or shy...just happy.   I took him for a great walk down at MacDonald Beach and he loves dogs, people, all the new smells, the water....well lets just say he loves everything!   He walked pretty well on the leash but needs some work, but given that it's a pretty busy setting with dogs running everywhere  he was great.   I put him on a retractable leash so he could run around a bit more.




It was a very busy day for Darryn.  Smithers in the morning, flying to Richmond, walk at the beach, dinner and nap when we got home, bath, visit at my cousins house and then back home again.  He's napping on the floor while I type.  He rides like a good little buddy in the truck (I'm sure Vicky must have been taking him places, because he seems to know the ropes), he enjoys a good walk and then was quite happy to settle in for a nap at home while I got a few things done.   Day 1 has been very good.   More later....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love him! He just looks like a a party wanting to happen!

So how big is he? I thought from the first 3 pics he was small, but now, maybe not as much?

I'm Chris, the one who emailed Yvette about him.

Lisa B said...

Hi Chris...Yvette sent me your email about you and Molly. I can see your excitement bumped up a bit when you saw more pictures of him ! He really is very adorable. I weighed him this morning and he is 17.5 lbs. He is pretty tiny underneath the fluffy hair (as evidenced at bathtime).

Anonymous said...

Sweet, cute, happy boy.
I'll bet he is fun to be with!
(I hope you trim the hair in front of his eyes)

Lisa B said...

Trust me....you don't want me to trim the hair in front of his eyes. I'm not very good at trimming...it's more like hacking. I'm sure he will be given star treatment in his new home...which by the way will be Saturday.

Chris said...

Yeah, I'm planning a good intro to clippers, I think he will need to know them well, so I want them to get along :)

Can't wait for Saturday!

Barb (TG Adopter) said...

That was FAST..but not surprising, what a cutie.

camkid said...

Lisa, Darryn sure is a sweetie! He's got gorgeous colouring and has such a great personality.

camkid said...

Lisa, Darryn is such a sweetie with a great personality and has gorgeous colouring. He will be so loved by his new furever family.