Saturday, May 12, 2012

DARRYN GOES HOME AND MAXIE ARRIVES

Darryn went on his merry way with Brian and Dave today to meet up with Chris from Kamloops.   I already called her to see how the pick up went and she said it all went well and she's definitely not disappointed. From his pictures she had thought he looked like a 'party waiting to happen' and she said that's exactly who she met today. 



Maxie came on this dog run and what a cute personality she is.  Gentle, sweet and playful.   When TG took her to the vet for spaying...low and behold she already had a spay scar so she was vaccinated and without the spay she wasn't sedated or shaved down.  I was quite happy to have the honor of helping this little girl transform. 




I took her to the groomers in Tsawwassen as Linda D's daughter Bonnie had agreed to help this little sheep lose her coat.  I am so grateful for the time Bonnie and her co-workers put in as Maxie was really less than impressed with the buzzing and vibration from the trimmers and it was a challenge to give her the long overdue haircut.  Bonnie finished the process with a nice bath with special shampoo and then finished trimming the hair on her feet, ears, head, etc....she wasn't stopping until Maxie was 100% beautiful!  Thankfully part way through the process Maxie started to resign herself to it and she stood on the table at the end like a trooper.   Studio One Dog Grooming's Facebook page has their contact info in case you're ever looking for a great professional groomer with awesome staff http://www.facebook.com/pages/Studio-One-Dog-Grooming/191391002448.






After leaving the groomers, I was so happy to see Maxie wagging her tail and feeling pretty good about her new look.  Sporting a nice doggy perfume and a sparkly flowered bandana, I just had to take her to show off.  TG adopter Nancy lives in the area and she had been at the dog run this morning so had seen the 'before' dog, so we stopped in at her place to show her the 'after'.  

Nancy's pic of Maxie, in the driveway

And here's a pic she sent me of Maxie with her TG dog Willow

5 comments:

turtlegardens said...

She looks like half a dog! And she does look like the dog from Grinch! Beautiful picture of my special Willow. Maxie will find her yuppie puppie home pretty quickly with that new look. Thank you everyone for Maxie's makeover!

Anonymous said...

She looks so sweet....I am a big sucker for sweet, soft spaniels... I would bet that Maxie also has some dashund in her.
(she's another I'd be very tempted to apply to adopt.... If... It were the right time for a second dog)
Wendy

Del said...

Congrats Lisa, on getting Little Maxie in for foster. I agree, her new doo makes her totally look like the Grinch's dog. If I recall right, there was a very sweet personality just waiting to emerge in that dog as well. I can't wait to see what Maxie's future will bring.

Emily said...

She's so tiny! Super cute too. I see Dachshund and Poodle. But who knows what else ;) Thinking another short foster for you!

Piper said...

I was so curious to see what she would look like without all that hair! She's so cute....and now looks even more like the dog from the Grinch!