Sunday, October 30, 2011

GRAELEE'S WEEKEND

This weekend Graelee and I caught the Ferry over to Sechelt to visit mom and dad.   We'd had a good walk in the morning and she was quite happy to sleep in the truck on the ride over...I had a nap too.  She will do whatever, whenever and she is a good companion. 



When we showed up at my mom and dads house she met their dog Ralph, a large Airedale who gets along with everyone.   She barked her little head off at him.  She stopped if I corrected her and then she'd start again.  I picked her up and turned her around so Ralph could sniff her bum.  She wasn't too impressed with me but after that she was willing to meet him properly.  She was a bit uncertain with him for the first while but about an hour later I let them both back out into the yard and they chased each other around and played like they've always been friends.   Graelee made herself at home, including hovering in the kitchen watching for anything falling to the ground.   She settled next to my chair and slept on and off and was basically zero problem to have around.  She even learned quickly to ask at the door to go outside.   My mom and dad were quite taken with her and she jumped up to sit with them later in the evening...although we're not sure if that was to get attention or to check out the couch for dropped popcorn.  

Today was a trip home on the ferry and we walked around the terminal to pass some time.  We even ran into a friend of TG.  Her and her husband were parked behind me in the line up and she spotted Graelee.   I was surprised when she came up to my truck with a quiet tap on my window.   TG people are everywhere....I love the surprise of running into people in places you're not expecting to see them. 

Graelee and I shared a yoghurt in the Ferry line-up...well I had the yoghurt and she got to clean the container...



When we arrived back in the Lower Mainland we had a few errands to run.  Graelee stays in the truck quite easily.  She stands and watches, very alert, at the window waiting for my return but she does not seem stressed in the slightest and while she is happy to see me come back I don't make a production about seeing her again and she is calm and just waits for us to get going again.   We stopped at MacDonald Beach and gave her a good run.   We ran into Dalia with her crew of three dogs (yes...you see TG people are everywhere!).  We said hello and then carried on our way down the beach.  Graelee went off leash and she ran back and forth so many times I couldn't believe she had that much energy.  She ran with other dogs and on her own.  She leaped over logs and zoomed back and forth.   She is not nervous about being away from me and runs quite far down the beach.  A loud whistle or two and she zips back to me.  














What an awesome fun little dog!! 

4 comments:

Jean said...

Love the pictures of her running on the beach - a girl after my own heart!

Anonymous said...

My goodness.............is this doggie EVER sweet. Lisa corrects her. She does not necessarily listen the first time( doggie park this is), but watchout............lol......the second time. Yepppeeeeee. Graelee is so sweet. Photos are fantastic. Dalia

Anonymous said...

she is just a doll..I so wish i could have a 3rd dog..she would be it in a heartbeat..I am a sheltie or cross lover.
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Graelee looks like she's having so much fun on the beach.