Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ENOUGH TO MAKE A DOG TIRED

Sunday will bring me a new foster dog.  The short-list was narrowed down to one dog but I won't jinx things by commenting on who SHE is.  In the meantime, I have been busy getting things together in my non-dog life.  When I have foster dogs I put alot of energy into them, so some other things naturally fall off to the side (unfortunately like laundry sometimes).   I have had a good break and I'm excited for the next dog run.   Not just because I have a new foster coming, but also because we have some new people coming to the dog run. Dog trainer, Shannon Coppin, who has volunteered some of her time to TG adopted dogs, is going to try to come out and provide adopters with some pointers to get them started on their way.  Also, TG volunteer Denise of See Spot Run will be coming out to see what the dog runs are all about and help with the paperwork, etc.  In the short amount of time that Denise has come on board she has raised funds, added foster homes to the network, provided dog food for foster homes, leashes, collars, etc and on top of that has taken in a couple of TG dogs that had nowhere else to go.   I'm hoping Denise will bring foster mom Michelle with her...as I believe she will be taking another foster this weekend as well.  

Thank heavens Gloria is going to take another foster pup because that means she has to come help too ; ).   Dave will be staying up North this trip - Yvette's back on two feet but that doesn't mean she can handle all the chores for two people just yet.  So, that means that Brian will make the trip solo.  Between me, Brian, Gloria, Rob and Linda, we make a good team for these dog runs, but the extra hands will make it that much easier.  Sometimes we even find adopters pitching in and helping to load the van.

During my 'down' time I've been trying to organize my foster dog photos.   I went with a theme and pulled out some of the cutest sleepy pics:


Betty Davis, fostered with me very briefly.  She went back up
to TG and still awaits her forever home.

Queenie (now Maki), enjoying the comforts of the couch.
Not all dogs end up with this privilege.

Abby who came to me almost a year ago.
Curled up into a 'husky' ball.

Whitespot (now Mercutio).  I guess us humans will never
understand the comfort of hanging your head off the Kuranda,
and mashing your nose into the ground, until we give it a try.

Spot (now Tilly) - asleep on the Ferry ride over to the Island.
Maureen was awaiting her arrival on the other end.

Riley living the life of luxury on 'his' side of the couch.

Isabelle on the Ferry...making the most of a sunny day's ride.

Little Nash, from TG, who I dog sat for a few days.

Sail, camping in the truck.  Her bed almost looked more comfy
than mine.   Sail is coming down on this dog run to be fostered
in Vancouver.   Fingers crossed for a failed foster.

2 comments:

camkid said...

Sounds like you have a great crew coming out to help for the dog run! The photos were wonderful reminders of the great fosters you've had; can't wait to find out which "she" you get. I hope that Sail finds her furever home; keeping my paws crossed.

Anonymous said...

I love the excitment of coming to the dog runs to pick up a new foster but I also love to come and meet the newly arrived. Little do they know that coming to TG is only the first step in their new life. I secretly hope that if I greet them with a calm happy aura that they will know that good things are still yet to come. I also secretly hope that Lisa's wonderful energy around the dogs and knowledge will rub off on me. :) See you Sunday! G.