Saturday, October 15, 2011

SOMETHING WORTH SHARING

Without a foster dog I don't have very much to write but that should be fixed fairly soon as the TG bus is planning another trip for next weekend.   I'm not sure who I'll be fostering yet.  There is a short list, but things change so I'll announce who is coming at the end of next week.

Back when I was fostering Whitespot I went and met a woman who contacted me and wanted to donate some items specifically for Whitespot as she was quite taken with him.   What's not to love about Whitespot though.  During his time at Turtle Gardens and then his trip to the Lower Mainland he gained a bit of star status.  People recognized him when we were out walking!  Either from Turtle Gardens, his time on the run in White Rock, or from my blog, he was well known and with such an interesting look people gravitated towards him, wanting to know more.  



When I met up with Alexia she donated a bag of dog food, a really cool toy, and some extra little treats.   The best surprise was yet to come in an email though and when I opened the attachment the image brought tears to my eyes!   Here's why...


Alexia captured Whitespot in such a amazing way!

2 comments:

Del said...

OH MY doG! What an awsome portrait! It brought tears to me eyes as well. I hope you find just the right frame and wall to hang it on Lisa! Perhaps across from your bed so you can wake to this delight each and every morning??

Hugs
Del

camkid said...

Wow, what an amazing gift to be able to capture White Spot so perfectly. Thank you to Alexa for her kindness and generosity. How lucky for you to be able to have something so beautiful to remember White Spot. Great post Lisa.