Friday, October 28, 2011

THE CHALLENGE OF INDOOR DOG PICS

Quite a while ago I discovered the sport mode on my camera and it's been my best friend ever since.  Usually one in three shots is one of a dog actually looking at the camera, with both eyes open and no tongue licking the nose, etc.  Some of my best shots are ones taken outdoors with a nice backdrop and at sunset.  With the daylight hours getting shorter I have less opportunity to catch a good picture.  I tried sport mode indoors and guess how many frames it takes to get an unblurred shot?











Ah ha!  10 shots later and she sits still enough for an indoor picture : )  I actually like some of the shots I get that are blurred.  You catch the cool colors from the dog in movement and I've been collecting some of these for a while now.  I think one day I will print out some blurred movement shots and create a poster of them. 

I once put together some blurred pictures of Isabelle and think I'm onto a good idea.  Maybe once I've had 30 fosters I will make the poster...I should have a good amount of blurred shots to chose from by then.


No comments: