Wednesday, July 27, 2011

SHAKIN THE SAND OFF...AND VISITING WITH YVETTE

I absolutely love the sport mode on my camera.  It allows me to catch mid action shots that I'd never be able to capture otherwise.  It also has helped me shoot those dogs that magically know exactly when the camera is about to click and they turn their heads away.

I went to take rapid shots of Riley and he shook the sand off and I thought the pictures were kinda neat.  Don't you wonder how they don't hurt themselves when those ears slap to the sides of their little faces?






As you may know from reading the Turtle Gardens blog, Yvette is in town this week and me and Riley went and met with her the other night.   Some of the TG dogs once they have been adopted have, what I think is a funny reaction to seeing her again.   Like Queenie (now Maki) at the TG walk last year who went up to Yvette and pretended to not know her.  You could see she was pretending because she still wanted to be nearby but not necessarily acknowledge her.   When Yvette sat for a few group photos you could see Queenie, who was off-leash and had a choice, devotedly sitting by her feet.  Anyways, Riley went up very tentatively to Yvette's outstretched hand the same as he cautiously approaches a stranger.  As we stood and talked he kept going back to her and smelling her pant leg and shoes (something he wouldn't do with a stranger).  Finally, after a delay, he got excited about seeing her.   He then jumped all over her lap in the truck to lick her face.   It was a happy moment to see rescued dog reunited with rescuer. 

1 comment:

turtlegardens said...

It was a very happy rescuer who was remembered and thanked by that sweet little bed hog! he is doing so very well - what a happy, happy boy!