Friday, July 29, 2011

RETURN GUEST AND RUNNING ON THE BEACH

Last week, me and Riley had a surprise guest.   Whitespot, who is now called Merc, was being boarded by the dog daycare that I go to.  His family had booked a trip that he could not travel with them on and they felt confident leaving him with Playful Paws who already knew him from his 9 weeks of foster time.   Merc is still very dog social but he was trying to claim the person who was boarding him and was being a bit overbearing with the resident dog.  So, what a treat for me to have a few nights with him.  He looks great and is a very happy and confident boy.  I think as he has grown out of his teenage phase he has become a little more cocky, he struts like he knows he's good looking, but all in all he is still the same funny, quirky guy.  Riley was a little put out with having to share his recently acquired digs but after a day together they were playing quite well.  Merc has always been especially good with little dogs.   After a few nights with me and Riley he went back to be boarded.  I heard that when he went back he did alot better at sharing the people.   This dog will aways hold a special place with me...it was so nice to see him again.


Merc...looking more handsome than ever.


Synchronized fence sniffing with Riley
Back when I was fostering Merc I used a 40' leash and making sure you don't get all tangled up is a full time task.  You have to make sure you're on the right side of the leash and hope that the dog doesn't get zoomies and tie you up by running circles around you.   So 2 dogs, one at each end of an 80' leash was just asking for trouble when they both decided they could get along well enough to play.   I left the video as is and you can catch my 'oh oh' moment before the camera gets off track. 



Today, Riley and I went down to the beach and he is getting alot more confident about venturing further away from me but most of the time he is right at my side and even when he goes venturing away its still not very far...unless there's a crow on HIS BEACH.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Surprise Lisa! He does look so beautiful. Looks like Riley is doing very well. Also thank you for your comment on my blog. I've been meaning to post more personal artwork, I've just been going crazy with work. Let me know if you ever need a friend to help with the dogs ;)