Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I JUST NEEDED SOMEONE TO BLOG ABOUT

BEAKER
I took a bit of a break from fostering.  We had enough foster homes for all the dogs to come down in February and I also had a weekend out of town where I wouldn't be able to take a dog so I went to February's dog run just to help out and process the adoptions for the day, but came home dogless.  I enjoy my time with foster dogs as well as the down time without one.  But, when there was an opportunity to foster again I snapped it up.  There were two little dogs up North ready to fly down to Richmond and with Jodi's help in picking them up we were able to get Ariel on her way to her forever home and then Beaker came to me for fostering.   I should also give credit to Vicky who took charge of Ariel and Beaker for a bit so she could get them on their flight, which was a real bonus as both dogs were pampered with some great grooming (sorry Vicky, I ruined Beaker's 'do' in the course of one day...but it was in the name of good fun).

We went to the beach on Saturday and Sunday and at first Beaker would bark his head off at all of the dogs but after a few introductions he was fine with most dogs.  Some of the bigger dogs approaching fast would cause him to bark but once they were in sniffing distance he was good again.

Running back to me.




Watching the dog in the distance.



Full-tilt....running with much enthusiasm.

Faces you never knew a dog made when running back to you until you freeze frame.



I think its safe to say that Beaker enjoyed his trips to the beach and loves running in the sand.  He even ventured into the water without a second thought.  I see some swimming in his future.


At home he is quiet and although I take him out on a regular schedule he has also asked for the door a couple of times.  He is cuddly but also is happy to lay on his own end of the couch or on his dog bed.  He loves all of the toys I've put down for him but the kong seems to be a favorite so far.  

Beaker had his first day of daycare and I was told that he played all day long....as was evidenced when we got home and I started making my dinner.

I love dog daycare!

Tired little bedhead!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks VERY cute.
(another teddy bear syndrome pup ! )
Wendy

Jean said...

Oh my goodness, he looks EXACTLY like a dog I adopted when I lived up north 30 years ago - the spitting image! My vet called him a 'Slave River Terrier" because there were a lot of mixed breed pups like him along the Slave River where we lived.

Anonymous said...

lol I love that you "ruined" his do in just one day lol Proves he had a blast. Have fun Lisa! I bet you wont have him long though!

Anonymous said...

A play date with Nash would be a hoot. Do you think they're cousins?

Barb H. said...

How big is he. In some pics he looks quite small and in others not so much. Sure looks happy tho.