Tuesday, January 29, 2013

SKITTLES SAYS GOODBYE

Last Saturday I took Skittles to an off leash and fenced dog park to see how he would do.  Just as I suspected the second that leash is unclipped he wanders around sniffing with his own agenda.  When called he doesn't even look my direction.  So on went the leash and we left for the beach.  While I was driving to McDonald Beach I was thinking its just as well as we get more exposure to potential homes down there anyways.  So Skittles and I head off on our walk. 


I feel the need to share a quick video of him walking along side me so you can see just how close he sticks by when he's on leash.  The extending leash hardly ever moves.  


So as we walk down the beach...here is the sequence of pictures that marks the end of one chapter and the beginning of a new life for Skittles.  I didn't even know at the time I was catching pictures of his new family.

Skittles...looking down the beach - hasn't noticed the dog in
the distance yet

Ears go up..."I see him"

"Lets go closer...he looks like he's having fun."  When I enlarged the
picture I can see Leah up on the hill looking towards Skittles.

" wanna play? "
So this little black dog and his owner approached and I introduced Skittles and she really liked him so I told her I'm fostering him and he's looking for a home.  She asked where he was from and when I told her Turtle Gardens she said Crosby was from there too!  Crosby used to be Ritter and Leah had recently sent an update on him. (CLICK HERE for the Turtle Gardens Blog with Crosby's update)  Leah even mentions they would like to adopt another TG dog soon.




Skittles is going home tonight to Leah, Brian and Crosby and he will have a feline friend as well.  A new name is already picked out and I think he's going to be Geno, which suits him really well.


I always seem to get these pics right before they're adopted.
They look right up at you like they want to say something...
like they know it's time to go.
 I'm not sure if you call it Kismet, Fate or Destiny that we were on that beach at the same time.  Either way - as Yvette would say "how cool is that!"

7 comments:

Marie said...

Lisa, I am so happy that Skittles has found a new friend and home. A match meant to be..... How cool is that, I agree with Yvette.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am so happy for Skittles. This little fellow stole my heart and I was very tempted to apply and come see him. He just seemed to have such a wonderful personality with so much love to share. I am so happy for him that he will have a loving home with "siblings"... and I am sure that his new family will appreciate all that he brings to their family. Tracy H :-)

Ashley said...

What a good story! love it!

Piper said...

Now if that isn't meant to be, I don't know what is!
Congrats to him and his new family :)

Anonymous said...

So happy I have a tear my eye. Loved him the moment he came into the stall with me and the pups. Happy life little Geno! G

Del said...

Congratulations Skittles and Lisa! That last picture made me cry. Yes they do know. I seriously believe they try so hard to speak people to let us know they know. In so many instances.
Good luck little Skittles/Geno.

Another door opens . . .

Unknown said...

Update on Skittles (Geno):
Geno is incredibly happy at his new home! His favorite activities are wrestling with Crosby, going to the dog park and cuddling up with mom and dad :) We'll be doing an update with pics on the TG website soon!Thanks again TG for bringing this wonderful guy into our lives!