Monday, March 18, 2013

MINI TG REUNION IN THE SUNSHINE


Beaker suited up for a walk in the rain.
Beaker, at 8 months old, is doing better at asking for the door than some of the adult dogs that I’ve fostered.  He’s doing so well that he even asked for the door at my cousin’s place last week.  We were over there for dinner and had gone straight from daycare.  A couple of hours into the night he went up to the sliding glass door and looked back at me.  I took him outside and he peed right away.  I was so proud of him.  It’s one thing for a dog to learn to ask for the door at home as they’ve gone in and out of it so many times, but in a new home to go to a door they’ve never been out of before...what a good boy! 

As he settles in he is starting to become more attached to me.  I had thought he was a little indifferent to me but at my cousin’s he checked in quite a bit and wanted to stick nearby so he’s starting to rely on me more and more.   He is also becoming more active too.  He plays well with other dogs at daycare but I’m told he also goes for some human attention from the staff.  He comes out of there ready to go for a walk or play with any toys, but if you stop the activity he crashes with tiredness.  I love that about daycare!    He seems fine with being left alone for a short period in certain circumstances but in others he’s starting to wine and bark when I first leave.  He’s still a puppy though and will need someone to teach him to be okay with being left, in small, gradual increments. 

Yesterday, I met up with friends for a dog walk.  Between the four of us, we had 7 dogs and 6 of those were from Turtle Gardens.  Karyn with Reudi, is the sole reason that I ever knew about Turtle Gardens which got me fostering and out of one of my fosters came Kathy's adoption of Rosie (previously Buttercup).  Kathy also had Booker with her, who is from Bully Buddies and is such a soft, sensitive dog.  Then there was Gloria and her pack of three - Charlee (who I originally tried to adopt from TG), Tessa, and Milah (daughter of my foster Mattisue).   So alot of great connections in one group and we had an amazing walk.  With that many dogs to follow, Beaker was given off leash privileges.  Here are some pics from the walk:

Rosie, Tess, Milah, Beaker
 
Milah running full tilt

Crazy running face
 
Beaker

Milah chasing Beaker...a pretty even match.

Rosie

Booker - not a TG dog but he fits in just the same, and is such a good boy.

Booker, Tess, Reudi

Reudi....the dog that launched a bunch of TG relationships



Charlee

Beaker

Milah

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh Lisa. What a great walk we had! Love the pictures. Pretty quiet in the truck on the way home. LOL
Gloria

Emily said...

Did Charlee have another name before she was adopted?

Funnily enough when we applied to adopt Beckett we applied to adopt a 3-4 year old border collie as well -our number one draft pick-. She was adopted before bus run, so we got Beckett.

Lisa B said...

Emily - Charlee was from July 2009 so not the same one you would have chosen before Beckett, as I'm pretty sure you adopted him well before that right?

Anonymous said...

Awsome pictures and what a great time by all!! all the puppy love in these pics!!wow!! cheersPollyb

Anonymous said...

Happy dogs, no snow what a wonderful day! So glad to see so many TG Alumni together. Thank you for the great smiles on a snowy day at homebase. Yvette