Saturday, June 11, 2011

SUNSET AT THE BEACH

I took Leo and Nash down to the beach at sunset tonight.  Dogs really seem to like the sand.   Leo was a bigger fan of the water than Nash - actually wading into the water to the tops of his toes....scary stuff.  Being there with all the new smells, the water, the sand and other dogs really made them happy.  At one point Leo even initiated play with Nash.   Given enough time I'm sure they would play well together.   I had each dog hooked up to each end of a 40' training leash.   That's a full time job just trying to keep them from getting me tangled up but they had fun with a bit of extra freedom so it's worth it.  I felt that both dogs would have been okay off leash but it's only been a week since they came to town and once I think they're ready I usually wait just a bit longer.   Leo meets his potential adopter tomorrow and Nash goes home to Sherle.  



Happy at the beach.




I had to catch some video footage of Nash walking alongside me looking up to check in.  Who could resist adopting a dog that looks up at you like that hey.   He's a very photogenic pup.  Sherle really scored when she adopted this little guy.  



I love catching a picture like this...looks like he's running
down the beach with his eyes closed.



2 comments:

Dom said...

Looks like a great time :)

turtlegardens said...

What a sweetie - I saw his video - ain't high speed grand!!!