Thursday, April 7, 2011

THREE WEEKS HAS FLOWN BY

Me and Whitespot have spent a lot of time down at the dog beach.   He meets every dog happily….even the dogs that are cranky or snippy.   I can’t imagine that he has an aggressive bone in his body.  All of the humans he meets love him and when they find out I’m just fostering, so many say they wish they could take another dog.   He has such a great, easy going personality.   I haven’t met too many huskies but he just doesn’t seem to have that go-go-go personality.   After a few weeks with him I can’t seem to pin down what breed’s personality he is the most like.   Let’s just say he is a breed all to himself!  

Someone meeting him would likely never be aware of his deafness.  He is no different from any other dog because of it.  It is such a non-factor that I mostly forget that he is deaf. 

In the coming week I plan on taking him to a gated off-leash park.  Since his anti-inflammatories have run out he still doesn’t seem to be in any pain or walking any differently on that leg but I do need to be careful that he doesn’t run too hard.  I might just opt for a 20’ line.  He will have more freedom and we can continue working on his recall.   It should be fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been folowing your blog from when you started it, and LOVE all the great things that YOU are doing for your dogs.

camkid said...

Hey Lisa; thank you so much for bringing
White Spot to Trout Lake on Sat; he is so affectionate and cuddly and I love when he leans against me for a pat! White Spot is a truly awesome dog. Thanks for all the advice with Silky also. I'm working on it!