Monday, May 6, 2013

SKITTLES IS OFFICIALLY HOME

After a brief trial period, Skittles was doing very well in his new home.  He is relaxed and happy there.  When I showed up last night to finalize the adoption he was so excited to show off his new digs.  He went from the upper deck to the lawn downstairs, grabbed a ball and zoomed around.  He is comfortable exploring on his own and only ran back upstairs to come say goodbye to me.  He went to his mom and then back to me and I could see he knows he's found his family.

I will miss him quite a bit, as he wormed his way into my heart.  Having a foster come back and let them go twice is in fact twice as hard.   I know he is in good hands.  Good luck you guys, keep my little buddy safe and happy!


2 comments:

Del said...

Live happy, live long Skittles.

When the dogs finally find their family and they take that wee chuck of your heart away with them, one would think you're heart would disappear over time.

Yet in healing itself, the heart seems to fill in that the tiny, empty spot with double the love and compassion.

Perhaps in preparation for the next needy soul to occupy it?
Big hugs as your hearts grows again Lisa.

Del

Marie said...

I am so happy to hear that Skittles as found his own family and home, now I can quit worrying about him!!!