Monday, May 20, 2013

A REASON TO BLOG....EVEN WITHOUT A FOSTER

On Saturday I went to Trout Lake in Vancouver with the intention of observing dogs.  I'm working on reading dog's body language and what better place to do that than at an off leash dog park.  Well, the ultimate dog mobile rode past me in the park.  I headed off in that direction and found the guy and his dog out of the bike, so I asked if I could take a picture of his bike.  Not only did he say yes, but he put his Pug back in the sidecar and dressed him back in his aviator cap and goggles.  Funny enough, once I had asked permission several other people came up with cameras...no longer too shy.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Lisa, that is sooooo funny and cute. I will bet that furry one totally enjoys the cool ride. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to know where/who/how he had that mobile made!!! (I'd like something similar for my bike.)
When I had a smaller dog I bought a heavy newspaper basket so he could ride with me around stanley park etc.... What this guy has looks so much easier/safer to manage with a little passenger.
Wendy

Anonymous said...

He's a local artist that's been around for awhile. His nickname is Mad Dog. He built the bike himself. Trout lake is a great off leash park. I go there at least twice a day with my dog. Say hi to Wendy for me Lisa. Went to school with her. Friends with Rick.

turtlegardens said...

You always see such cool strangers!! Love it.

Anonymous said...

I've seen this guy around the Vancity H/O - Science World area. His pug definitely looks cool and seems to enjoy the ride. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my God. It's the Red Baron!

Anonymous said...

Love It!!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like Maddog (dude) and Yoda (dog) have an article in Momentum Mag this month (page 21). He creates one-of-a-kind bicycle trailers and sidecars for dogs using 1950's and 60's baby carraiges. Call DOGGONE CYCLES (604-255-8089) for more info. :)

Ish