Tuesday, April 30, 2013

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM

"Sorry, did you say there's fog on the moon?"......"NO, I said DOG!"


If you've been following my blog regularly, you may remember that my 'funny' pics only come out as a goodbye to yet another foster.  Skittles has gone for a trial with an applicant.  They are fully committed to adopting him but TG wanted to be sure that the applicant doesn't run into any problems with him and that the adoption will be perfect for dog and human.  I've already heard back that it's going very well, so keep your fingers crossed that Skittles is home. 

Before Skittles left I took a friend's dog for a weekend of dog-sitting.  Ruedi is a TG dog and is pretty much the reason why I even know about Turtle Gardens in the first place.  I was so happy to see that Skittles had zero interest in marking anything in my house with Ruedi here.  All he wanted to do was initiate some play.   Ruedi wasn't having any of it until, of course, it was bedtime and then they wrestled on the bed, ran downstairs, back upstairs, back on the bed until I asked them to settle.  They were so cute together.  They know each other from daycare but I also think that most TG dogs recognize 'Northerners' when they see them even if they weren't at TG at the same time. Here's a cute pic of Ruedi and Skittles in the truck: 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute picture for sure ...& I think your right about them recognizing 'kindred' northerners..... So much fun and joy in watching them play.
Wendy

turtlegardens said...

Good luck little Skittles - a big personality in such a small body. It was great seeing Ruedi again. He loos great! Yvette

famousfancypants@wordpress.com said...

Oh I sooo hope this works out for him. I love his smiley happy face!
- Debbie -
-HAPPY YAPPS
DOGGIE DAYCARE -

Royal K9 Korner said...

Paws crossed for Skittles. He has come along way. Great job Lisa!

Anonymous said...

great job lisa he's a very cute little man' Good to hear he has found a home '& keeping fingers crossed ' but I also want to know how to make a moondoggie? lol be safe Polly B'

Anonymous said...

He's a cute little man ' & keeping paws crossed for him' Well done lisa' & how did you make the moondoggie ''LOl '' cheers Pollyb

Lisa B said...

Polly, I took a pic of him at the beach with a grey back ground and cut it out in Paint (I don't have any fancy photoshop or anything like that). I put the clip of him and put it on top and then cut out pieces of the moon and inserted them around him when the pic was zoomed extra large. I thought of you and of Del when I did it as I know you both like to play around and have fun with the dogs pics ; )

Anonymous said...

that's awesome Lisa ' well done ' I love it and its just beautifull !! wtg ' & I see he is a happy happy puppy '' its so hard to let go ''of them'' thanks for the info ' Pollyb