Friday, March 23, 2012

FERGUS IS ADOPTED

Just in the nick of time Fergus was adopted.  Not because he was cutting it close to the next foster coming but if he stayed with me a moment longer I was afraid I was going to keep him.  He is a great cuddler, funny, playful and a fast learner.  And very soft too!

I'm very happy though to let him go on his way to his new family.  They are a young couple who just moved into a new home with a great yard.   They are active and will take him almost everywhere and he might even get to go to work occassionally at a care facility.  When they met Fergus what caught me the most about them was how they handled him and how he reacted.  He listened to them, walked nicely on leash and gazed adoringly up at them both.  

The sad part of this story is the people who read the blog and fell in love with him before even meeting him who are now disappointed.   But as a TG fan I can only console them with the promise of all of the other great dogs coming down from up North.  As a foster you definitely learn that there IS another great dog out there, not just the one.  

I will start blogging my new adventures soon.

...just when he was getting the hang of it he had to change homes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool photo of Fergus surfing!!!
He clearly has talent.
I hope his new parents continue to take him to the beach.
Wendy

Shawna said...

Hi Lisa
Fergus has been home for just over 24 hours now and has settled in nicely. As I type this he is snuggled up beside me with his head on my leg :). He has been on a few adventures around our neighbourhood and is responding well to the tips you gave us for walking him. He is a very good listener and learns quickly. We took him to our vet today who gave him a clean bill of health and commented on well behaved he was :). We are super happy to have him as part of our family :). Thank you for everything.

Shawna

PS - Wendy we cannot wait to take him to the beach :) :)

Anonymous said...

As a foster mom, I know there are so many great dogs coming down from Turtle Gardens. They just need a chance. As Cesar Millan says "You don't always get the dog that you want but get the dog that you need".
They are all very special in their own way!

Anonymous said...

I know as a foster mom that there are many wonderful pups/dogs coming down from Turtle Gardens. As Cesar Millan says "You don't always get the dog that you want but the dog that you need." They all have something special that warms your heart and some times it's up to us to help them become a wonderful part of our families.