Tuesday, April 28, 2015

THEEYORE STARTS TO PLAY

Last night I put some toys out on the big dog bed to see if Theeyore would show some interest and he's starting to pick out a couple of favorites.


Apparently Theeyore has done very well on his first two days of daycare (big thanks to Playful Paws).  He's very 'chill', did well with his introductions with people and dogs and even started to initiate a bit of play....of course it was with an adopted Turtle Gardens dog.

When I picked him up on Monday at the end of the work day he was excited to see me.  He was bouncy and jumped up on me several times, which by most people's dog rules is a no-no but when dealing with a dog who is more reserved it's so darn nice to see them forget themselves and show excitement you don't care about the 'must not jump up'.  That can all be worked out later. 

Since he's trying to get back his boyish figure I've asked for no treats at daycare and I take a bit of his dog food with him for treating with so we know how much food he's getting in a day.   So extra dog kibble, great staff and lots of dogs were enough for him to show just as much excitement going into daycare as he did coming out.  All in all a good experience so far and then he zonks out in the truck for the drive home.

As soon as the truck was parked today, he jumped up, licked his lips and got excited to get out and pull all the way home for dinner.  He's already learned the routine. 

After what is considered to be a 'rather small' dinner, according to Theeyo he gets a little bit playful and then he crashes for a nap.  Here's what I caught while I sat and started this blog:


Check out those athletic skills he's learned to get up on the couch!  Wait til you see what I post next if I can catch it on video tonight. 

3 comments:

turtlegardens said...

He is looking so much happier! Nice to see.

Wendy Hamilton said...

Cute ...looks like a little sweetheart & happy now.

RidgeTown said...

Hi Lisa he is cute & he says I love my bed & I will take this toy to my bed ' He is sounding like he is trying to speak lol cute cute!! cheers Polly ps I may have posted 1 xs had trouble with it lol