Thursday, March 5, 2015

EXCITING NEWS

The daycare staff told me this morning that Flower was trying to initiate play with a couple of dogs yesterday.   Of course she would have to pick a dog three times her size who is less than interested in playing with her.  That was probably the appeal.   She is coming along very well.  

On our walks at night I have her on a long line and she is pretty good about not pulling.  She is mostly on alert, observing everything.  I stop from time to time and she comes back to me and is happy to be petted.  By the end of our walk she alternates between walking next to me and walking and sniffing things.   Today is recycling/garbage day and all foster dogs love that!   So many containers with so many good smells. 

I have only heard her bark once and that was on our second night together and she was restless to be outside.  She is a very quiet and clean girl inside.  She's sleeping through the night and I think she understands the schedule and is relaxing.    More pics to come when Flower doesn't know I'm taking them or when she seems less concerned about the camera. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Flower!! Haha, three times her size, that is amazing. I guess that's her fearless side shining through!

Wendy Hamilton said...

Really beautiful, regal looking dog for someone lucky... Karelian bear dog eh... The video shows her hunting skills I think; the amazing way she moves....Love that name for her too... Flower Power!
Wendy

Wendy Hamilton said...

... just did a little internet research on the KBDog. I was pleased to find that this amazing breed is being trained to locate and rehabilitate wildlife, or trained at some wildlife centers to scare bears, wolves, etc. off for the sake of saving them from humans - versus used and trained to help hunt to kill wildlife.
There is one KBdog profiled licking & nurturing an orphaned fawn.. She is a wildlife service dog! ... yeah.

Megs said...

I saw that video too! Very sweet =)

Ashley said...

Hello! I just saw Flower's post on Petfinder! She is a gorgeous dog! Is she still available? My husband and I have been looking into Karelian Bear Dog's. We are a family of three, my Husband my 1 year old son and myself. I am a stay at home mom. We own our home and have a fully fenced (6ft. high) good sized yard and we live in a rural area, Stanwood, WA.
We look forward to hearing from you!

Lisa B said...

Ashley - Flower is still looking for a home. There are applications in already but we have been taking some time to determine if she is prepared to be a city dog or if she's prefer to be on property with a job as she is really driven to hunt vermin.

Lisa B said...

You are welcome to submit an application - see link on her Petfinder profile.