Saturday, May 17, 2014

QUINCY'S ADOPTION DAY!

One of the best things about fostering two dogs is when one is adopted your home isn't empty.  I met with Quincy's adopters today and he went home with them on the Skytrain.  I can't tell you how odd it feels to meet someone at a Skytrain station and exchange an adoption fee for a dog.  Quincy was unphased by the sound of the trains on the tracks overhead while we waited and I'm sure his right went smoothly.



Quincy's new family is a really great, young couple that have been waiting for a long time for a rescued Boston breed.  They tried fostering to see how a dog fits in with their lives, they selected a breed the both agreed fit their lifestyle and then they waited for the right dog to come along. When Quincy showed up for adoption they contacted Turtle Gardens so quickly, met him and fell in love, and the end result is an adoption today to a very happy and excited couple.  His new family is car free so I'm pretty sure he's going to be getting to see quite a bit of Vancouver by foot.  'Good luck little buddy, you're in good hands!'

In Quincy's absence, Barley all of a sudden noticed my Frankenstein statue!  I guess he'd been so focused on Quincy that he never noticed.  I always get a kick out of dog's reactions because some really can't tell if it might come to life or not.  Oh how I wish for a remote control that would make him move (I know I'm evil).


p.s. Franklin Kenneth Stein aka Frankie is a Value Village find that I just could not leave the store without!

Frankie on arrival day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good going Quincy! Your journey as a treasured companion has just begun. Thank you Lisa for a great job with my little guys.

Unknown said...

I can't believe its been almost 2 years since we adopted Quincy (now named Beans). He has grown into a very different dog then the one we picked up at the sky train! he is now very playful and full of attitude - a real dogs, dog. His favorite pastimes include: Camping, running laps around the house during a game of fetch, and of course cuddling on the couch. He has managed to put a few pounds on and now carries himself with much more confidence. It is really great to be able to look back at this blog and see how far he has come. I said it once and I'll say it again. This blog does a great service in aiding the process of adopting a dog and gives a well rounded perspective. Thank you so much Lisa for all you do/have done, it does not go unappreciated!