Monday, September 10, 2012

CHARLIE'S VACATION


I'm on vacation right now so me and Charlie hit the road this past week.  We went to a cabin by the lake, just up past Princeton, with my cousin and his wife and their dog Walker.  Charlie and Walker hit it off really well and Charlie seemed to love having a yard to roam around in.  Being a block away from the beach sure didn't hurt either. 

Charlie rides in the truck so well!  He slept most of the ride.  He was easy to have on vacation too.  He goes with the flow.  After a day at the beach on Tuesday he was so tired but didn't want to miss any action, so he was falling asleep in the living room with his head propped up, continually nodding off.


'....I'm not asleep....just closin my eyes for a second'

Charlie's confidence is building and this includes his time in the water.  After spending alot of time with his nose underwater trying to reach things on the bottom of the lake, he decided swimming for sticks was better and didn't result in as much water up the nose.  I had him on a long leash so I could reel him back in to show him how to fetch the stick back to me.  He will keep going back out as long as you don't throw it further than he's ready to swim just yet.  Here's a video clip of a good swim:



When I play with Charlie now he doesn't get as amped up.  He knows if he gets too excited that the game is over.  He really enjoyed the water and got along well with other dogs at the beach. 



We had a great week away!  Very sad to come home, back to reality but I was just so happy for the time away and won't complain. 

Charlie goes for an overnight visit tomorrow with a potential adopter.  They have four cats so this will be his Cat 101 exam.  If he passes he will still remain with me for at least the rest of the week as we're doing some confidence building exercises and I feel it's important to push through a bit further before an adoption happens.  He needs to be 'ready'. 






3 comments:

Jean said...

So glad you and Charlie had a good vacation. I'm jealous - a cabin by a lake in the Princeton area - my dream vacation.

Anonymous said...

A better vacation Charlie could not ask for he looks like he is just the happiest boy ever' he is soo handsome 'you are just awsome Lisa' he is learning so much '' cheers Pollyb

Anonymous said...

Love the video' he walk in a long ways but does swim '' he seems to quite enjoy it' cheers Pollyb