Tuesday, July 10, 2012

NO ADOPTION FOR RONA YET

So the person who fell in love with Rona is not able to adopt because of City By-laws.  She rents in a home that now has three dogs so they aren't allowed any more.   Well, that's no problem because Rona is a very easy dog to have around. 

Here is a picture of Rona's mom Pika who was adopted earlier this year:

RONA'S MOM - PIKA
Rona seems to share the same gentle personality that her mom has.   Rona is the full package - beauty and brains and other dogs gravitate towards her soft energy.  Someone will be very lucky to adopt her.

Here is the latest report on Rona's vehicle experience:  She peed again in the truck this morning, but I noticed she already figured out the schedule and hesitated at the door before we even got outside to head for the truck.   She went outside and squatted but I could tell by how fast she went that she hadn't drained her bladder.  Was she saving it for the ride?  Does she think that this will get her out of it?   I gave her some herbal spray for anti-anxiety, walked her around a bit and then to the truck.  She was wagging her tail as we stood outside of the truck which is a good improvement and she was much more relaxed.   Once loaded in the truck she layed down.  Doors were closed and off we went.  She peed a block later but then stood up and watched for most of the 5 minute ride to daycare.  She drooled alot less too.  So I'm seeing improvement and I feel that once she sees this routine won't be broken that her reaction will continue to lessen.  If not, we will have to find a different approach, but I'm betting she will be better by the end of the week.

Last night we went out to the truck.  I opened up the canopy and lifted her up.  I got in with her and tucked her in close beside me.   She eventually layed down and fell asleep.  She hardly drooled at all and she relaxed completely.   She was even quite calm about 30 minutes later when we got out of the truck.  She was wagging her tail and she seemed to be even more bonded with me when we walked away....more eye contact, running back to me more with wagging tail.   What sweetheart she is!

3 comments:

windowscapes said...

Hi there,

I live in Victoria and one month ago adopted Rona's sister Rook. She has been an amazing addition to our lives and has really opened up. She is still shy of strangers but has warmed up to a few close friends. She is a gentle soul and very chill but can be very playful at times. She is very smart and has learned a few basic tricks. When we have to leave her at home she is very well behaved and he tail is always wagging for us.
It's so nice to know how Rona is doing as I am spreading the word that she is still up for adoption. I hope she finds a home soon as I am sure like Rook she will be an amazing friend.

Lisa B said...

What a great comment! I'm so happy to hear that Rook is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Lisa:
Another thing I used for my fearful car rider was ginger snaps..just kept them in pieces as treats and they calm the tummy at the same time..would give her one once in the vehicle and as we exited..so just a thought..
Cheryl