Wednesday, November 23, 2011

ANOTHER 'DOG RUN'

Turtle Gardens is planning another dog run for this Sunday.  As usual, with it being winter we will have to wait and see if they are able to drive down.  From what I'm hearing the roads are pretty crazy with snow, but the TG bus has good drivers and good tires, so I think I will have my new foster by the end of the weekend.  Its funny but we probably have more to worry about if it snows in the Lower Mainland for all of us getting to the barn to pick up dogs.   Us 'city drivers' don't have the same skills that Brian and Dave have on the winter roads.

I hope I'm not jinxing things but it looks like I will be fostering Spot.  He is a small, cute-as-a-dickens, little ball of fur and I couldn't resist asking to meet him.  There are a few dogs on my foster wish-list but they will have to wait until the New Year when I have a longer stretch of time in case they aren't adopted very quickly.   Okay, so now that I've officially mentioned my next foster dogs name before the TG bus has even left home, lets see what happens. 

Pictures and stories to follow.  I always take my camera to the dog run but never seem to have the time to use it.  I'll make a better effort this time to get some pictures. 

I was looking back through my list of fosters and this time last year I had Abby and she was just about to get adopted.


Beautiful, blue-eyed Abby
... and in November two years ago I was waiting for Little Bear to come to me the following week.  I wish I had started blogging from the beginning.  



Little Bear with his best "I didn't do it" look

Sporting his TG bandana waiting to meet
an potential adopter


2 comments:

Dom said...

Abby is such a cool looking dog.

Emily said...

Ahh, the dreaded 'tell before arrival'. Watch, he'll be adopted today ;)