Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Kibbles at Day 4


Kibbles at the barn on Saturday's dog run day

I plan on doing a more indepth update closer to the 1 week mark which will include pictures and maybe even a video clip or two.  On Saturday, Kibbles came out of the TG Van and couldn’t get far enough away from me.   The 4’ leash was stretched to its limits.   After spending a little more time with him and coaxing with small treats he soon warmed up to me.   He travelled well in the truck and when we got home the walk was very slow going.  For about 50’ he lagged behind on leash and harness and once he realized that I really was going to keep going, he perked up and starting walking just a bit behind me, which is where he still chooses to walk now.   We got some good tail wags on the first day, although a little hesitant.   By day 4 he is now stuck to me like a shadow.   He is hesitant with new people although warms up if someone will hang back and give him a chance to approach on his timing.  He is a bit fearful of new dogs approaching too quickly and getting in his face.  He curls his lip back and might growl a little if they don’t back off.   He has not been aggressive though, he is just warning.   I have had him around quite a few new dogs already and his reaction is lessening.   Dog daycare sure will help with that too.   I’m told he was very tentative when he was first brought into the daycare and was a little snarky with the other dogs.   He warmed up quickly to the other dogs and to the staff as well and by the end of the day he was either just hanging out or he was playing with a few other dogs.  He likes the puppies ; )  

Kibbles is quite relaxed in the city.  He doesn’t seem to be bothered by traffic and people moving around him. I went to a friend’s last night for dinner and he laid by my feet the whole night.  At one point we set the smoke detector off and he didn’t seem the slightest bit scared.  He rides in the truck really well although we discovered food before a ride is not a good idea.  Empty stomach is the way to go.  

He is the first TG dog that I've fostered that not only wanted to check out the sewer grates but actually wants to purposely walk across them....so brave.   He’s such a cute, furry guy and I’m really enjoying my time with him. 

I think it will take me a little bit of time to figure out the right home for Kibbles because for now I’m just seeing the timid/nervous side of his personality and after a little more time I’m sure he’ll reveal his more confident self and let me know what kind of home he will want.  



It was a good treat that won Kibbles over
  
"Okay...you have my attention now...and I might even like you a little"
 
All 3 photos in this blog were taken by Christie Lagally  who came out on Saturday to write an article about Turtle Gardens....and ended up helping with the dog run too! http://christielagally.wordpress.com/

No comments: