Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rosie

I am currently fostering Rosie for TG K9 Rescue.  
September 27, 2010 update:








Rosie - Fostered in Richmond

I'm sending a day 2 update because I just can't help but send you the photos of Rosie after her bath.  I stopped at a friend of TG's house on my way home with Rosie and they jumped forward with the offer of a bath for Rosie....who's going to refuse that?   So she was bathed and dried and even got her nails clipped (thank you thank you thank you....I'd love to name names but not sure they'd want that or not).  She took it all very well, she was quite stoic really.   Her hind end has not caught up to the front which has already shed the longer coat...so she looks a little mismatched at the moment but what a cutie she is.   When we got home she ate some food, drank some water and then slept for a while.  We went out walking and she did super good on the leash.  Once we got going there was no pulling and she walked beside or slightly behind me, constantly looking up at me to check in.  She showed minimal interest in the cats we've come up to (within a foot of one of the cats) and she was quite good when we ran into the wild rabbits in my neighbourhood.   She is cuddly although she doesn't jump on your lap or jump up much...maybe she thinks she's bigger than she is.  On our walk she showed alot of curiousity for where everyone was going and she was friendly and wanted to go up to anyone who extended a hand for a pat.   She slept through the night well and when we showed up at dog daycare this morning she whined at their door to get in....I guess she could hear the dogs on the other side and wanted to get going on her first day.  

p.s. She really seems to like riding in the truck which I assume I can thank Dave for having taken her in the Van everywhere.

What a little character she is.   Playful, cuddly, a teeny bit snorty (which adds to her charm) and who can resist that little underbite that she shows occassionally.

No comments: