Monday, October 6, 2014

WANT TO JOIN CLUB SODA?

Soda at Turtle Gardens
I was fairly confident I would never foster a dog that could possibly be smaller than Sunshine but along came Soda.  Sunshine was 6 lbs and Soda is 5 lbs (but is working on gaining some weight).  I used to think I was a big dog person and that is still true in a sense but these teeny-tinies are such an irresistible draw for me. 

At the dog run....

....getting lots of love
Soda came to town on Sunday and although Yvette told me his weight it was still a bit of a shock to see him in person....smaller still than I imagined.  I will be committed to finding him a 4-on-the-floor home, the same as Sunshine found. 

Soda was a bit shy at the dog run but basically pretty chipper and friendly with anyone paying him some attention.  He was passed around to a few of the different professional-dog-run-cuddlers and so we only caught a couple of pics in volunteer`s arms.  He walked well on the leash and seemed to take the long trip quite well.   We drove home and he rode home on the dog bed most of the way, but trying occasionally to climb onto my lap.  He likes to be close but is learning that driving time means he has to stay on his side. 

We had a fairly uneventful day.  He ate a bit of food and drank some water and then slept a lot!  He loves the comfort of the couch, warm fuzzy blankets and good dog beds.  We only went outside for a few pee breaks and to sit in the sun briefly.  A few trips outside later he started to add a spin on the leash to his walk.  He would walk ahead and look back at me, do a full turn and then continue walking.  He slept okay through the night but had a bit of a struggle finding one spot to sleep on the bed...so many choices. 

This morning he was schedule for his neuter and he snoozed on his dog bed while waiting for me to get lunch ready for work.  Little eyes popped open when the camera came in closer. 


Soda came through his neuter very well and is soundly sleeping on the couch next to me as I type.  I look forward to seeing more of his personality through our first week, once he is healed up.  Watch for more pics, video and stories. 

In other news, I realized when I opened my blog that I never did a final adoption post for MacIntosh.  He is doing so well in his home - he is a very well loved family member.  I also had a chance to meet Mac`s mom Sophie at the dog run, as she came down for her spay.  What a sweet dog she is and little Mac is starting to fill in her shoes too in looks and personality.   Here are some pics showing Mac`s progress and a pic of Sophie from Sunday`s dog run.

At Turtle Gardens
Fostered with me in Richmond
Adopted and going on adventures!
Momma dog Sophie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for starting Soda's journey to being the best that he can be at your Foster Finishing School. He is one very lucky pup!