Thursday, July 25, 2013

GRIFFIN ON LEASH

After the first week Griffin's walk on leash has improved greatly.  He is also doing awesome at open doors, whether its at home or getting in and out of the truck.  Here's Griffin showing off at the door before going for a walk.  He also sits quite nicely waiting for his leash to be clipped on, but then he's done that from day 1 so I think someone had already taught him that.



I took him out with the video camera because I'm just so proud that he's not trying to pull me down the street any more. He waits at the gate without rushing through and the first clip also shows he keeps a loose leash even at the start of a walk.  We had a decent loose leash walk in the first few days but the start of the walk took a bit longer.


Griffin sometimes dashes ahead a bit when he sees something interesting but he still has been keeping a loose leash.  I make sure to give him time to sniff at different spots on the walk and then we get back to business of a good pace.  I think he has figured out the routine and is comfortable with it and that has sure helped him relax on the walk. 


No comments: