Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WHERE'S MY FOSTER DOG?

Well, you need to brace yourselves for a very boring blog from me in the coming weeks.  I'm dogless and that's after a dog run last weekend.  How strange!   I was supposed to take a little dog named Gretchen but her foster home up north didn't make it to TG in time to put her on the bus.  The dogs were unloaded at the barn last Saturday and I didn't see Gretchen.  Nothing unusual there - the dog runs are busy so I don't always get to meet my foster until all the paper work for adoptions is done and vet papers for foster dogs are matched up, etc.   I had finished my paperwork and went searching for Gretchen and found that she wasn't there!  Had she escaped and nobody had notice?  Nope, a phone call up North confirmed that she never got on the bus but she'd be flown down to me.   Fate must have had a hand in all of this because before Gretchen could be flown down she met her perfect match and was adopted.  I'm happy that she stuck around long enough for this to happen.   This leaves me fosterless which is a bit strange considering all of the TG dogs down here now and none for me.  Don't be sad for me though.  I have lots of things that I enjoy doing when I'm dogless and will take full advantage of the time.  I also have faith that a dog will come my way very soon, when the time is right. 

I was telling someone the other day that fostering has sure helped me control some of my control-freak ways.  You can't always force dogs, adopters or TG bus runs to conform to your ideas of perfect timing....these things all happen in their own good time.    I have learned to go with the flow alot more and also to realize that what's meant to be, will be. 

A look back in time....

In June, two years ago I was fostering Mindy (now Bryna)


In June, one year ago I had Leo with me and then hot on his paws...came Sail



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice dogs they are' and your blog is never boring ' i love it ' and learn some thing new every time i read one' i love how all the bloggers have a wonderful way with words ' & is what i struggle with just finding the right word and way to say what it is i know'' , i think this is awwwsome ' thanks for sharing Lisa' cheers Pollyb

Kathy said...

On the 16th of this month we will have had Bryna 2 years. I must say that we can not imagine our family without her. She is always happy and ready to play with the cat or a toy, she can even get staid Liam into the mix as well. I am her person and she follows me everywhere,she will even open a closed door to find me and I always have company sitting outside the shower. If we go out we do have to crate her as she gets really upset when I leave her but when I come home she just goes bonkers. She does get excited when the boys come home as well but not as much.
She has a bed in the living room that she will dig at to move it all over the place and it is so funny to watch. She loves to sit on the back of the couch and watch out the window, we now have this lovely window art that I only clean off every so often because it is back within minutes of cleaning. She sleeps all night on the bed with us and Liam. She will be tucked up so close to Ron that he can't move and Liam is on the pillow between us. Just a pair of cuddle bugs.
We can't thank you enough for all the work you did with our little girl and then believing in us as the perfect fit for her forever home.
Thank you