Wednesday, December 14, 2011

FINALLY...THE BEACH


"Okay...I'm ready for my close-up now"
Last weekend we finally made it to the beach.  Spot was great off leash.  He would come right back to me whenever I called him.   He is friendly with other dogs, although he can sometimes be a little hesitant with some of the more excited-in-your-face dogs.  He found a few dogs to run around with but mostly just explored the beach and stuck nearby.  

Saturday looked quite misty/rainy outside when we headed out the door so I gave one of the foster jackets a try on Spot. I have tried the jacket out on many a foster in the hopes of keeping them dry in the rain, but either a dog likes a jacket or they don't.   Sometimes they act like their in an alter-universe where dogs can't walk with jackets on.   But, not Spot, he seemed to hardly notice the jacket.  And, it looked good on him too!   (I hope Maureen, who shared her pack's jacket photos on the TG blog, reads this blog and sees my little guy dressed up - room for another one Maureen?)




On Monday and Tuesday nights this week, I had dinner plans and Spot won himself front cab priviledges in the truck.  He has shown no signs of chewing anything inappropriately and no sign of any separation anxiety.  Which actually surprises me a bit for such a cuddly sometimes clingly little dog.  It was cold out and I piled up the dog beds and blankets in the front seat.  He has a good thick coat of fur and really seems unphased by our Lower Mainland climate so he was quite content being snuggled up while I was inside having dinner.

He is such an easy dog to have around in any and every situation, and that especially includes how he did at McNeil School today.   I have some good pictures of the event and will share those in my next blog.  

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Room in my pack! Behave yourself, Lisa B.! Los Cinco Rizos, with emphasis on the "Cinco!" Spot is adorable, though, and he is tempting. I'm sure his forever owner will appear soon. He looks very handsome indeed in his coat. It looks like it was made just for him.

Maureen

Anonymous said...

Love the close up and the little coat makes him look like he's ready to ride the high seas!

Gloria

Wendy said...

Yes please!! Is he my Christmas present Lisa?? He is sooo cute and I love his scruffy little face!!

Dina said...

I LOVE him! I've been "spying" on him for days. Read his write up and now your blog. SOO CUTE!

Dina

Dina said...

The is TOO cute! I've been spying on him for days... I would love to meet him.

Dina