Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Abby discovers the comfort of the couch.

I'm in my third week with Abby and no coaxing would get her on the couch.   She wants to be on the floor and one time I brought her up onto the couch and she looked so uncomfortable that she got down right away.   However, this last week my apartment has been a chilly 15 degrees....brrrr.    This doesn't seem to phase Abby, I've even tried to cover her a bit with a blanket when she's on her bed and she's really not interested in me trying to make her any warmer 'thank you very much'.  

The strange thing is that last night I fell asleep on the couch with a couple of blankets on and in the middle of the night she crawled up in front of me and curled up for a good long while.   I sometimes get bad nightmares, and I have been known to sleep walk and talk so to be honest I'm not sure if maybe she was bothered by my restless sleep and felt the need to curl up with me as a comfort or if she finally just decided that the couch looked comfortable afterall.   Dogs are so sensitive to our mental and physical health that I personally think it's because she thought I needed her.   Either way, it sure was easier to sleep when she was nearby and warming me up.   Dogs are so cool!!

No comments: