Monday, January 27, 2014

DOUG LOVES HIS TOYS


First time I've got the camera out....can you tell by his expression?

I have put out several toys and Doug has fun with all of them at different times.  Two nights ago I introduced a new stuffie and added a dog bed into the mix for added playtime comfort.  It didn't take Doug long to move all the toys over to the bed, but his first choice was still the new red toy. 


My hand going in to take the toy.... and he never minds
R U giving it back?
Thank you!
Doug is such a cool little dog!  He's still playing all day at daycare, except for when he's getting cuddles from the staff and they all love him to pieces there so he gets lots of love!

I have yet to find anything negative about him.  He is still proving to be a well balanced little dude.  I do have to admit to one thing though.....Yvette told me he likes to play catch me if you can.  I heard it, but didn't worry about it when Doug and I started playing a fun running/chasing game around the house.  He took full part in having me chase him around, throw the ball which he would run to get and then take off with it and wait for me to catch up again.  We went in circles around the living room, down the hall, through the kitchen and dining area and around again.  Each lap we did we'd both stop at either end of each other - both out of sight and listen to who would make the next move.  Lots of fun!  Doug was loving it....but he didn't know how to end the game!  Once I stopped he wouldn't recognize it was over and believe me - he knows exactly how far an arms-reach is....ha ha.  I had to put an end to the game by blocking one end of the kitchen with two chairs stacked and once he knew he couldn't do the circle any more he stopped and came to me.  It was pretty funny and I thought in my head 'Yvette told me so'.  So now we are working on playing and ending the game.  For this we play with toys and a bit of chasing but Doug goes on leash.  After a minute, I relax and show the game is over and bring him over to me on leash for a pet and a good scratch and lots of praise.  I'm planning on taking him to an enclosed off leash park next weekend....wish me luck!  The worst that happens is he gets bored and tired before he comes back to me.  I'm going in armed with good treats though. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww.. What a little cutie! He looks sweet, dainty and gentle.
Wendy