Monday, November 25, 2013

SUNSHINE HAS BEEN ADOPTED


It only took three months to find Sunshine's forever home, but it was well worth the wait.  Kismet played a hand in her adoption and I love it when things work out that way (hmm...Kismet might have been a good name for her too).  I hadn't been taking Sunshine to curling nights because she seemed more comfortable at home but since people like to meet my fosters from time to time I decided to take her a couple of Thursdays ago.  That's where it happened.  A couple that curl in the league after me came off the ice and the husband saw Sunshine first and brought his wife over to meet her.  It kinda seemed like love at first sight.  Things moved quickly after that...application, home visit and meet and greet with the whole family showed me this was Sunshine's home.  She has everything in this home that I would have hoped for her to have.  She is comfortable with mom, dad and their daughter.  They all have gentle, nurturing energy and Sunshine went to each of them very easily.  She has a furry brother named Joey and a great yard to explore together.  And, although it wasn't a requirement, it is definitely a bonus that she now has a very nicely warmed house with heated floors so she can run around inside toasty warm in winter without shirts and sweaters.  I hear she has already found a nice sleeping spot near the back door where she can bask in the sun and look out over the yard.

Last time I checked she was keeping her name too! 

She was with me 3 months and she was possibly the hardest foster to say goodbye to.  It is all worthwhile knowing that she is in the right place with so much love.  Good bye my little buddy...you may have been my smallest foster but you sure have a big impact on those you meet!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome news that Sunshine has found a great new home Lisa. Congrats on another job well done. Must feel great to be a part of something so worthwhile. :) Keep up the superb work.

Brigid said...

Bitter-sweet - but knowing she has her own fur-ever home is wonderful - and I gather you have another boarder already lined up!
Lucky pups, to have you in their lives!

Del said...

See you've made me cry again. Happy Tears tho. Congrats Little Sunshine!
Yet another door is about to open. You rock Lisa B! Cheers!

Sara said...

I'm glad she found a good home! But I just finished my application for her!! haha oh well there will be another cute dog out there for me. And the hunt continues!

Anonymous said...

Kinda sad I won't see her again but am happy for her. She is truly a gem.
G

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am so happy that Sunshine has found her family and forever home. I check your blog frequently and have been hoping and hoping she would find her home. Thank you for keeping her safe and giving her the best chance to find the perfect home. YOU ROCK!!!