Sunday, November 25, 2012

SUNNY WINTER WEEKEND



I love sunny winter days.  I've had the flu bug that's been going around but that didn't stop me and Chief from getting out and about on the weekend.  Since I haven't been letting Chief off leash in too many circumstances I found that he'll fetch a ball really well so I take him to the fenced and gated field by the airport and throw the ball for him to burn off some energy.  Here's a quick video of him:




He'll fetch the ball quite a few times in a row but will occassionally get side-tracked by a really good smell. Of course this never happens before I throw the ball, only once I've successfully launched it further than ever with the ball chucker, he then decides smelling the grass is better than bringing it back.  Once you gage his level of interest though you can pretty much figure out when not to throw it unless you want to fetch it yourself.  




Chief coming when called (without the ball)...he's got good recall.

So many good smells, so little time.

Sorry for the short blog but my chicken soup is on the stove waiting for me.  Will write more later and fill you in on Chief's overnight visit with an applicant. 

Here's a few pics from around home though:

Waiting, with his tug toy, for
dinner to be served.

Don't tell his friends but Chief lets me tuck him in
on his own bed at night.  It gets cold at night so I
lay a dog blanket across him...I hear no complaints.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww Lisa he is a super nice dog ' & a real good cuddler too' i wish him the best home ever!! Pollyb